- “A very useful introduction to coaching and useful ideas to get me started in the coaching process”
- “Very useful session, especially the timeline for implementing coaching”
- “Extremely helpful to hear about another school’s coaching model and systems”
“I would like to pass on my thanks for Wednesday’s seminar. I thoroughly enjoyed the session and found it very thought provoking. New strategies learnt will definitely benefit our students.”
Developing a Primary Computing Curriculum
The first session of this new course has been exceptionally well received. With 96% of all scores being: “Consistently exceeds expectations”. Therefore, the Course exceeds expectation is all categories. The course content, resources and location exceeded expectations for all of the delegates. And the facilitator, Katie Vanderpere-Brown, exceeded the expectations with her knowledge of the subject, her communication of that knowledge and her encouragement of and enthusiasm with all the delegates.
- “Even after session 1 I am going away feeling much happier and more settled about taking the computing curriculum back into school.”
- “Very good teaching, instilling confidence in me to teach this daunting subject – thank you!”
Coaching for Impact
- “I was really impressed with the course I turned from a sceptic into a fan and could really see the power of Coaching. Off the back of this I have been asked to plan a strategy for rolling out a Coaching program at my own school.”
Developing Middle Leader Programme
This well established programme is held at both Saffron Walden County High School and Alec Hunter Academy and consistently receives positive feedback on the effective course environment resulting in an ‘open and supportive’ course where delegates feel comfortable to ask questions and raise queries. There are consistently affirmative references about the usefulness of the course materials and hand-outs. As well as a great many favourable observations on the methods of teaching used on the course including the short drop in sessions by Senior Leaders, the useful discussions around scenarios & dilemmas, in addition to the provision of ‘Top Tips’ and models to follow. In addition to the teaching the delegates clearly feel the benefit of gathering and sharing experiences around the role of being a middle leader with colleagues who were at a similar career stage.
- “I’ve really enjoyed thinking about leadership, as separate from management, and breaking down what leadership constitutes.”
- “It has been useful to consider how to bring about change successfully. Reflect on past experiences and consider the range of factors involved.”
- “It was good to talk through scenarios and get tips for dealing with difficult conversations as these are becoming more common as my responsibilities increase.”
Maximising the Impact of Teaching Assistants
This strategic school improvement programme developed by Essex County Council in partnership with the Institute of Education, UCL London run annually at Saffron Walden County High school consistently exceeds delegate expectations in all categories. Experienced facilitator, Jane Carter, repeated exceeded the delegates’ expectations with her knowledge of the subject, her communication of that knowledge and her encouragement and enthusiasm. And the course location and equipment exceeded all expectations.
- “Superb course – well researched and delivered.”
- “I found the opportunity to share experiences not only with other primary, but with secondary schools, absolutely invaluable. This will help us strive for smoother transition for pupils much more effectively.”
Train the Instructor
There were overwhelming positive feedback for this new course after it was introduced in January 2017. It exceeded delegate expectations in all categories. The course content, resources and location exceeded all the delegates’ expectations. And course facilitator, Katie Vanderpere-Brown exceeded their expectations with her knowledge of the subject, her communication of that knowledge and her encouragement of and enthusiasm with the delegates.
- “The course was packed full of valuable advice and suggestions to improve teaching and learning.”
- “Absolutely great course if you are starting out in teaching and also very useful if you’re been teaching for years!”
- “I would recommend this Train the Instructor course to everyone. Our instructor was fantastic and the knowledge imparted has been great.”
- “Loved session of Train the Instructor and has left me keen to learn different learning styles to help my own teaching.”