The Saffron Alliance has the following strategic lead schools
- Great Chesterford Primary School
- Hedingham School
- Helena Romanes School and Sixth Form Centre
- Joyce Frankland Academy Newport
- Katherine Semar Infants & Junior Schools
- Notley High School and Braintree Sixth Form
- R.A. Butler Academies (Junior and Infant)
- Saffron Walden County High School
- St Thomas More, Saffron Walden
- The Ramsey Academy
The Saffron Alliance has the following partner schools:
- Alec Hunter Academy
- Bentfield Primary School
- Birchwood High School
- Clavering Primary School
- Debden CofE Primary
- Newport Primary School
- Radwinter Primary School
- St Mary’s CofE Primary, Saffron Walden
Our schools have the capacity to deliver the Teaching Schools’ agenda across this region. We are supported by other strategic partners in this ambition, who enable us to deliver Initial Teacher Training, Professional Development, School-to-School Support and Research. This support is provided by:
- The University of Cambridge
- Anglia Ruskin University
- The Open University
- Essex Local Authority
We are able to offer a variety of opportunities due to the strength of our partnership work and look forward to working with you on:
- Initial Teacher Training: there are a number of different routes that we can offer including ‘school direct salaried’.
- Professional Development: we offer courses for teachers at all stages of their careers. We also offer courses on specific development issues and can tailor training to meet your needs. Course lengths and styles can vary from twilights to full days or longer programmes.
- Bespoke support for schools: we have a large team of Specialist Leaders of Education who are able to provide either short term support on a smaller development priority or more structured support across the school improvement agenda over a period of time.
- Support for research: we are heavily involved in teacher research and this is a well established feature of the partnership schools. Therefore, we are able to support schools who would like to introduce action research as a vehicle for professional development or individuals who would like advice and guidance on their own research projects. We are also involved in two large scale national research projects and welcome interest from other schools in contributing to this.